How to use gmail for your website email
Your catch-all email account would be email@example.com. Additional email accounts can be setup by logging to cPanel.
Follow the following steps to setup email using gmail:
- Log into Gmail : www.gmail.com
- Top right corner, click on the gear. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on Settings.
- Click on the Accounts and Import Tab
- Scroll down where it says “Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)” and click on “Add a POP3 mail account you own”.
- A pop up window will appear, enter your email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” and click on Next Step.
- Under Username enter your email address “email@example.com”, enter the password. Pop Server name was sent in your Account Information email. Leave the Port as is, and check the “Label Incoming messages” and finally click on Add Account.
- Check the box “yes I want to be able to send email as…” and click on Next Step.
- The last step is to verify: click on “Send Verification”. Login one last time to your cPanel webemail account and open the email from “gmail Team”. Click the verification link and you are all set!! ( You may or may not need to verify the account).
- When you are all done, go back to your inbox, and scroll down to see the folders on the left with the name of the email you just added.
If you click on “Compose” and start writing in the “To” field, an arrow will show up in the “from” field and you will be able to choose what email account you want to write this email from.
Also ensure that under settings on Gmail. Click on 'Accounts and Import', scroll down to "Send mail as” and where it says “When replying to a message”? Choose the option “Reply from the same address the message was sent to”. That way you won’t have to choose from which email you want to respond from.
Was this answer helpful?
FileZilla (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FileZilla) is one of the most popular free FTP programs...
By default, databases are prefixed with the cPanel account's username. Database driven scripts,...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution